FJFW 2018 Designer Information
Fiji Fashion Week is widely recognised as being the most innovative and creative fashion event in the Pacific region. Now in its 11th year, Fiji Fashion Week is looking forward to a stellar future as we embark on a new era - retaining our international standards and taking fashion in Fiji into the Future.
We are delighted to announce a collaboration with the Fiji Designers’ Association - a move which keeps designers at the heart of what we do. Without you, there is no show! Together, FJFW and the FDA will bring a new look, new energy and new style to the Pacific’s most recognised fashion show.
OUR runway experience 2018
FJFW showcases collections from emerging and established brands. Our focus in 2018 is on building the profile of RESORT WEAR within the region. FJFW understands global trends and we recognise market opportunities. There is currently no larger global market than RESORT and it has so many synergies with our tropically-infused lifestyle and tourism industry. If you want to share your talent, innovation and creativity to a global audience - then our runway is for you!
FJFW is a collections show with all designers appearing on the main runway. We select up to 15 designers per show, with each designer showing capsule collections of between 12 - 15 looks. Each show includes a balance of emerging and established designers, with the style of your collection determining the show. Our shows this year are:
RESORT LIFESTYLE, Friday 25 May 2018
Ready to wear and lifestyle separates.
RESORT LUXE, Saturday 26 May 2018
Luxury and evening collections.
the home of fiji fashion week
FJFW 2018 will be held at FMF Gymnasium - a recently refurbished indoor stadium with a fantastic urban feel. Wooden floors, high ceilings, on floor and stadium seating.
Our venue will be transformed into a lush tropical wonderland with every guest having a front row seat. FJFW2018 will be produced by FJFW Ambassador Mr Nicholas Huxley, who’s vision for FJFW will attract significant local and international media coverage.
Over 500 guests will be in attendance for each show, including local and international media, buyers, VIPs and paying guests.
Designer selection is by consideration of the information you include in your online application which will ask for information about your label, your design experience, and your concept for your collection. If requested
- you must be available to attend on online or face-to-face interview with the Designer Relations Manager and / or the FJFW Designer Selection Advisory Panel
- submit a sample from your collection
- you must attend the Designer Preparation Workshops with FJFW Ambassador and fashion educator Mr Nicholas Huxley. Workshops focus on preparation of your collection to international standards and are free of charge.
Designer applications will be reviewed by the FJFW Designer Relations Manager and FJFW Designer Selection Advisory Panel who will consider applications based upon the following criteria:
Is the application for a Resort collection within the following categories
What is the level of design experience
If an emerging designer, do you have less than 3 years experience and not retailing?
If an established designer, do you have more than 3 years experience and an established client base through traditional retail outlets or online sales?
Is the design concept innovative and unique
Is there a sufficient level of design detail?
Does the collection meet a market niche and / or have commercial appeal?
Is the collection produced to industry quality standards
Fabric selection suits design
Samples use appropriate finishes
Print or dye techniques are appropriate to fabric and long lasting.
designers will be notified within 14 days of receiving an application
- One model per garment look to the maximum for your showcase
- Hair & make-up team with beauty look decided by FJFW
- A pre-scheduled group fitting (group fitting will be scheduled the week of the event – attendance is mandatory)
- Venue and staging
- Show production, sound and lighting
- Event administration
- Promotion of your participation using FJFW online and media partners, including a link to your brand’s media on the FJFW website
- Electronic photos of runway collection
- *International designer 4 nights’ accommodation included
- Access to the FJFW Designer Portal which will provide you with up-to-date information about the show, your models, FJFW media and more...
- Collection included in the FJFW online boutique (terms and conditions apply including 10% commission on sales conducted online)
- Individualised hair and makeup look at FJD100 per model
- Guest tickets at FJD80 per ticket on pre-order
- Designer mentoring with FJFW Ambassador Mr Nicholas Huxley, Fashion Educator, Australia.
Emerging designer FJD300
Established designer FJD600
Emerging designer FJD1500*
Established designer FJD1750*
- 50% payable within 7 days of confirmation that you are in the show
- Balance to be finalised by 15 April to secure your place in the show